Ayar Labs demonstrates the industry’s first Terabit per second Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) optical link with its TeraPHY™ optical I/O chiplet and SuperNova™ multi-wavelength optical source for a chip-to-chip connection. The demonstration shows a fully functional TeraPHY chiplet with 8 optical ports running error free without Forward Error Correction (FEC) for a total bandwidth of 1.024 Tbps and at less than 5 pJ/bit energy efficiency. This is a major milestone in providing terabit optical connectivity to meet the ever-growing bandwidth needs of data-intensive applications, low power interconnects, and new innovative heterogeneous and disaggregated system architectures.
- Ayar Labs Named a 2021 Gartner ‘Cool Vendor’ in Silicon Photonics
- Disaggregating System Architectures for Future HPC and AI Workloads
- Ayar Labs Expands Global Presence and Adds Industry Veterans to Executive Team
- Panel Discussion: Enabling HPC/AI Disaggregated System Architectures with Optical I/O
- Demonstration of the Industry’s First Terabit Optical Link for Chip-to-Chip Connectivity