Ayar Labs demonstrates the industry’s first Terabit per second Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) optical link with its TeraPHY™ optical I/O chiplet and SuperNova™ multi-wavelength optical source for a chip-to-chip connection. The demonstration shows a fully functional TeraPHY chiplet with 8 optical ports running error free without Forward Error Correction (FEC) for a total bandwidth of 1.024 Tbps and at less than 5 pJ/bit energy efficiency. This is a major milestone in providing terabit optical connectivity to meet the ever-growing bandwidth needs of data-intensive applications, low power interconnects, and new innovative heterogeneous and disaggregated system architectures.
- Sivers Photonics and Ayar Labs demonstrate SuperNova™ multi-wavelength light source with Sivers DFB laser arrays at ECOC 2022
- 2022 Is the Year of Commercialization for Ayar Labs
- Sivers Photonics to exhibit and show live demo of Ayar Labs’ SuperNova™ multi-wavelength optical source leveraging Sivers Photonics CW-WDM compliant DFB laser array technology at ECOC 2022
- NVIDIA Shows What Optically Linked GPU Systems Might Look Like
- Five Key Factors Driving the Need for Optical I/O in Telecommunications