Ayar Labs demonstrates the industry’s first Terabit per second Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) optical link with its TeraPHY™ optical I/O chiplet and SuperNova™ multi-wavelength optical source for a chip-to-chip connection. The demonstration shows a fully functional TeraPHY chiplet with 8 optical ports running error free without Forward Error Correction (FEC) for a total bandwidth of 1.024 Tbps and at less than 5 pJ/bit energy efficiency. This is a major milestone in providing terabit optical connectivity to meet the ever-growing bandwidth needs of data-intensive applications, low power interconnects, and new innovative heterogeneous and disaggregated system architectures.
- U.S. silicon photonics chip startup Ayar Labs gets AI funding boost
- Ayar Labs tops up funding with $25M
- Ayar Labs Adds $25 Million in Expansion of its $130 Million Series C
- Yole: Leveraging optical chip-to-chip connectivity to unleash the complete potential of AI – An interview with Ayar Labs
- GlobalFoundries & Ayar Labs: Delivering Optical I/O for the Continued Rise of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning