Ayar Labs is on a mission is to cut the amount of energy used in computing in half, by removing bottlenecks in moving data. We help companies keep up with skyrocketing volumes of data by miniaturizing fiber optic transceivers and making them in standard silicon chips, replacing copper interconnects and bringing the super-high bandwidths and low energy use of optical communications inside computers.
Responsible for design, programming, firmware, and integration of embedded systems and/or microcontrollers to aid automation and control of electrical-optical systems-on-chip. You will work as a part of a small team in a dynamic startup environment, taking an active role in design reviews, proposing and evaluating technical solutions, writing design specifications and test requirement documents, etc. The ideal candidate is a hands-on self-starter who is able to develop and complete work based on input from colleagues and who can effectively manage his or her own time to take projects to completion with limited supervision and guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent skills and/or experience;
- Experience programming microcontrollers and/or FPGAs for embedded applications
- Proficiency in synchronous digital systems design
- Ability to develop embedded programs in C or C++;
- Experience with standard interfaces (e.g. SPI, I2C, USB, etc.)
- Proficient with lab instrumentation (e.g. Oscilloscopes, DMM, Logic analyzers, etc.)
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Ability to prototype, design, and assemble PCB-level hardware, including component selection, managing communication interfaces, and component selection
- Work experience with Eagle, DipTrace, or Allegro PCB design tool
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Embedded Systems Engineer”.