SuperNova™ Remote Light Source
Multi-Wavelength, Multi-Port Remote Light Source for Advanced Integrated Optics Applications
The SuperNova™ light source is the backbone of Ayar Labs’ optical I/O solution, providing up to 16 wavelengths of light and powering up to 16 ports. Combined with Ayar Labs TeraPHY™ optical I/O chiplet, the solution provides up to 1000x the bandwidth at 1/10 of the power compared to electrical I/O alternatives—eliminating I/O bottlenecks, transcending process limitations, and unleashing innovative architectures for next-generation applications.
As the first optical source designed to be compliant with the CW-WDM MSA specification, our SuperNova can be deployed across a wide range of applications including high-speed I/O, artificial intelligence, optical computing, and high density, co-packaged optics.
- Up to 16 wavelengths of light delivered into 16 fibers
- Each fiber carries up to 16 wavelengths
- 64X the wavelengths compared with CWDM4 multi-wavelength pluggable optics
- Capable of supplying light for 256 channels of data, or 8.192 Tbps
- Disaggregated, remote laser offers platform flexibility, as well as field replaceability
- Compact form factor for lower power consumption
- Multiple wavelengths in a single array simplify and lower the cost of packaging
- Compliant with the CW-WDM MSA specification that standardizes optical sources for co-packaged optics, high speed I/O, AI, and optical computing
- Meets GR-468 reliability requirements for optoelectronic devices and pluggable optics
The Industry’s First Multi-Wavelength, Multi-Port Optical Source with 64 Wavelengths
Request Your Ayar Labs Optical I/O Starter Kit Today
Become a part of the I/O revolution and begin evaluating optical I/O for your next generation of SoC architectures now with the Ayar Labs Optical I/O Starter Kit. The kit includes everything you need and can be customized to meet your product requirements.